PACE (Play, Adventure, Community Enrichment), Fairfield Play Centre, Camden
Salary: £12.21 – £15.47/hr (depending on qualifications and nature of work)
Hours: 22hrs/wk, 48 weeks per annum (39 weeks term-time + 9 weeks during school holidays). There is flexibility in terms of how many sessions per week you are able to commit to on a regular basis.
Contract: 1 year fixed-term contract (until 30 June 2023)
Closing date: Thursday 07 July 2022
How to apply: Download job description and application form below. Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Iola McCarogher, PACE Head Office, Fairfield Play Centre, Mary Terrace, London NW1 7LR.
Upon joining PACE you will help to build the reputation of our young and rapidly expanding organisation by contributing to the delivery of truly inclusive services and striving for excellence. Your primary responsibilities will be supporting children and young people with;
- Special educational needs and/or disability including learning disabilities
- Social emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs
- Neurodevelopmental conditions (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD)
- Behaviours of concern (challenging behaviour)
- Not engaging with / refusing school
- Not accessing short breaks services
- Attending an alternative curriculum
- At risk of exclusion or placement breakdown
PACE aims to eliminate discrimination, promote equality of opportunity and provide the opportunity for children, young people and families to gain a greater understanding and acceptance of each other. The post holder will work as directed by the Project Coordinator, delivering:
- 1:1 support during school hours
- 1:1 support After-school hours and Holidays
- Small group work After-school hours and holidays
- Parenting support group (1 post)
We are a local, grass-roots charity providing high quality, inclusive play services in Camden to children aged 2 -18 years.
Our team is what makes our work possible, and we look for passionate, experienced team members to ensure we deliver exceptional services to our community. In return, we offer our team an extensive package of benefits including: the London Living Wage, three per cent pension contribution; flexible leave arrangements, ongoing professional development and training, Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee assistance programme.
Because our team is our most valuable asset, we like to have our staff grow with us and promote from within. We are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and recruit team members in line with our policy statement on Equal Opportunities and Human Rights.
If you would like more information on this role, call 020 7183 5120 (Ext. 5).
Please note this role requires an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check and satisfactory references.